FreeSBC Downloads Surpass 3 Million Sessions from Customers in 59 Countries
TelcoBridges to Host Informational Meetings at International Telecoms Week Conference in Chicago, May 6-9
Montreal, Canada: May 3, 2018 – TelcoBridges, the leading designer and manufacturer of carrier-grade Tmedia VoIP gateways and the FreeSBC virtual session border controller, today announced that its recently announced FreeSBC offering has surpassed the three million milestone for sessions downloaded since its intial offering. These downloads have come from hundreds of different customers in 59 countries around the globe.
The FreeSBC protects networks from DoS and DDoS attacks while offering outstanding session handling performance. The technology is available for free download on VMware™, OpenStack™ and bare metal servers, and is widely interoperable with major platforms and carrier networks. The FreeSBC is just one component of TelcoBridges’ portfolio of carrier-grade solutions. A wide array of optional paid services and extensions are available, including TelcoBridges’ industry’s leading VoIP gateways, transcoding gateways and signaling gateways.
“The overwhelming response to the FreeSBC offering shows how strong the demand is for a scalable, reliable and fully featured SBC that can be deployed without the CAPEX shock factor,” said TelcoBridges’ Director of Sales Support Marc St-Onge. “The FreeSBC has helped TelcoBridges seed new markets and reach new customers, which is helping to introduce this new audience to the rest of TelcoBridges’ award-winning product portfolio. We look forward to discussing the overwhelming success of the FreeSBC initiative with customers and prospects at the ITW show in Chicago.”
The success of the FreeSBC launch is due to a number of features demanded by customers:
• Business model – offered via a “freemium” business model, sessions can be licensed at no cost or with optional support and premium feature subscriptions at $1/session/year.
• Scalability – supporting up to 60,000 sessions on a single server. • Functionality – supporting full B2BUA, SIP header manipulation, routing, transcoding and fraud protection capabilities, FreeSBC is a full-featured SBC.
• Reliability – based on a proven software platform supporting 1+1 High Availability.
• Platform Support – with versions for bare metal servers, VMware or KVM/OpenStack, the same software can be virtualized, and operated in the cloud or on a dedicated server.
• Global Support – with support resources in North America, EMEA and APAC, paid subscribers have access to around-the-clock support.
TelcoBridges is a leader in the design and manufacture of carrier grade, high performance, and high-density SBCs and VoIP gateways. TelcoBridges has deployed VoIP solutions in more than 100 countries worldwide. TelcoBridges' brands include: FreeSBC™, Tmedia™ (VoIP media gateways), Tsig™ (signaling gateways), Tdev™ (development platforms) and Tmonitor™ (real-time network monitoring equipment).
Alan Percy, Senior Director of Product Marketing Mobile: +1 716-830-5966, email@example.com
Marc St-Onge, Director, Sales Support Tel.: +1 450 655 8993 x135, firstname.lastname@example.org