Customer Support Engineer, Asia
Reporting to the Director of Customer Service in Canada headquarters, the Customer Support Engineer provides technical assistance to customers worldwide relating to the use of TelcoBridges’ products.
TelcoBridges offers a very stimulating working environment with excellent learning and traveling opportunities.
The candidate will develop strong technical background and communication skills.
TelcoBridges Inc. designs, develops and manufactures carrier-grade telecommunications hardware and software. From its headquarters in Boucherville (Montreal), QC, CANADA, TelcoBridges performs R&D as well as assembly and testing of its products. These products answer the needs for Sessions Border Controllers (SBC), VoIP gateways, telecom solution development platforms, and real-time network monitoring, focused on high availability.
With deployments in over 100 countries worldwide, TelcoBridges strives to continuously provide the highest standards of Stability, Reliability, and Integrity.
Some tasks you will be involved in include:
- Working with customers to identify issues and advising on the solution
- Providing identification, diagnosis and resolution to technical problems
- Documenting technical issues encountered and share with the R&D team
- Documenting technical topics for customers to be self-taught
- Working as a field engineers to visit customers for interoperability tests, system deployment or problem resolution
- Providing technical trainings to customers
- Providing technical sales support
- Writing ruby scripts for routing applications
As a customer support engineer, the typical hours will be 40 hours per week with participation to 24/7 shifts for emergencies calls.
TelcoBridges support office hours are from 8:30am to 5:30pm, from Monday to Friday. The support is provided from various regions in the world and the Montreal support office. The support outside of the office hours and public holidays is provided on rotation shifts with compensation.
As desk-based job, you will spend most of your day on the phone, emailing customers and/or employees, providing online training with some onsite training and installation.
- Degree holder in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in Electronic, Electrical or Telecommunications would be preferred
- Knowledge on Telecom, SBC and VoIP
- Knowledge and hands on skills in Linux and networking
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Mature, self-motivated, organized, responsible and able to work autonomously
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willing to travel to customer sites 4-8 weeks a year
Some good reasons to join us
- Work-family balance facilitated with a flexible schedule and the possibility of telecommuting
- Environment focused on the well-being of employees: relaxation areas, well-equipped dining room, on-site activities (table tennis, table football, billiards, TV, video games) and social activities
- Dynamic and motivating team, managed according to Scrum / Agile methodologye
- Stimulating work, avant-garde technologies
- Employer contribution to your RRSP
- Financial Incentive for Transit and Green Car Users
- Easily accessible by car, bike or public transit
TelcoBridges' offices are located in Boucherville, on the South Shore of Montreal.
Interested? Send us your CV by email to email@example.com. If your application is successful, we will contact you for an interview.